Since summer is here with its all time arduous crest. In this time of the year one faces scorching daytime heat and sweat the moment they step out of the house or often while they are in the house. For people having oily or acne prone skin this season is no less but an alarm to get ready for the disturbing skin problems.
Summers intensify oil secretion for people with oily skin. Coupled with sweat and dirt, it is a sure shot invitation for breakouts and other skin problems to occur. Skin solutions and treatments offered by well-known salons can be so very expensive! How about a homemade face packs for problem skin types in summer instead. That is for sure a better idea if not best.
Therefore, here are some simple face pack recipes we put together with easily available ingredients probably most of them are easily found in anyone’s kitchen. These packs are great for controlling the oil secretion of the skin.
Summer Face Packs for Oily Skin:
- Neem, Rose Water and Orange Face Mask: Mix equal quantities of neem, orange, sandalwood and multani mitti (fullers’ earth) powder together. You can find them easily in any herbal store. Store this in a jar for later use. Take a teaspoon or two of this and add a quarter teaspoon of honey and half a teaspoon of lemon juice. Lastly, add rose water to make a smooth paste. Apply this on your face and neck for 15-20 minutes and wash off with plain water even if it is not dry yet. For better results use regularly during summers.
- Orange and Oats Face Pack:
- If you can find some fresh oranges, put them to use. Otherwise frozen oranges will work. Mix 3 teaspoons of oats, 1 teaspoon of honey, 2 teaspoons of fresh orange juice and 1 teaspoon of egg white or curd. Mix all these ingredients well to make a smooth paste. Oats will work the best for scrubbing purpose. Use light, circular motions while washing off to get a mild scrub.
- Rice Flour and Turmeric Face Pack:
- Mix 3 teaspoons of rice flour, pinch turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon of honey and cucumber juice as required making a smooth paste. This can also be made in larger quantities to get a body pack. Try this pack for optimum results during hot and humid days.
- Tomatoes also do a whole lot of good to oily skin. Just mix some fresh tomato juice with 3 teaspoons of rice flour and 1 teaspoon of honey. Alternately, if you are short of time, just rub half a tomato (flesh side) on your skin in a circular motion for 15 minutes and see miraculous results.
- Last but not the least, the simplest thing you can do! Mix together multani mitti and rose water and apply it on your face and neck. Lie down and place cotton pads soaked in rose water on your eyes. You will notice how fresh you and your skin will feel after you wash it off!Find the right pack for you and put skin troubles to rest this summer. Stay beautiful always!!!