Everyone wants to have a smooth, beautiful, glowing skin in all seasons. But to have a clear and smooth skin you need to take care of yourself to your maximum. Weather conditions, sunlight, dirt and other factors like not having enough sleep, mental depression etc can make you look dull. There are number of creams and lotions available in the market which you can use with proper care for your skin. Many commercially made lotions and creams state to mitigate and improve your skin, but they are abundant in toxic chemicals and synthetic fragrances that can irritate the body and skin. Finding out a skin-softening product which doesn’t contain a long list of unpronounceable ingredients can be difficult and expensive.
By making your own natural body lotion you can save your skin and your hard earned money off course, a thick and deluxe cream that will work from your face to your hands and toes. What you apply on your body and skin has an enormous effect on your health, and what you put onto your body can too. A good lotion or cream can also fortify your spirits; you can customize your own recipe with the essential oils that you like the best.
While some of the ingredients for this natural body lotion may not be familiar, you’ll be able to find them all in your local health store or Whole Foods. Make sure to buy pure beeswax only, as all other types are made with petroleum byproducts. Sweet almond oil works best, but you can also use coconut, jojoba, grape seed or avocado oil.
Many different essential oils have different properties, select a scent or fragrance to soothe your symptoms or just pick your favorite aroma. You will also need a small jar to store the lotion. Following are the ingredients and procedure to make skin care lotion:
1 cup rose water at room temperature (or green tea)
¾ cup pure sweet almond oil
2 tablespoons plain beeswax
35 drops of any of the essential oil such as lavender, rosemary, orange etc
1. Add the sweet almond oil and beeswax into a Pyrex measuring cup.
2. Set the cup in a saucepan of water that reaches halfway up the side and heat on low flame just until the beeswax melts down. Remove the mixture from the heat, and allow it cool down for one or two minutes only.
3. Pour the rose water into your blender and blend it for a while. Making use of the hole in the lid, slowly add your beeswax mixture to the water. It will begin to thicken and become creamy and rich as you add the last drops.
4. Once well blended, add your drops of essential oil and mix everything together very well.
5. Pour your new natural lotion into a small jar, using a plastic spatula to get the blender as clean as possible; cleaning off the rest with your new lotion will last up to six months stored at room temperature or in the refrigerator. You can experiment using different combinations of essential oils.