Women of short height have special challenges when it comes to fashion. It is easy to make a mistake that will make you look frumpy and adds the appearance of extra pounds. Use these top fashion tricks for shorter women to make sure you always stand tall and look your best.
- This is the easiest trick of all. Start with perfect posture. Make sure you always stand tall. If you envision a string gently lifting from the top of your head, it will help you achieve good posture. Just make sure you don’t tighten your shoulders at the same time, creating a tense appearance and sore shoulders and neck later.
- Choose darker neutral colors and go for a one-color look. While you don’t have to wear black all the time, a darker neutral will lengthen your look. Avoiding dramatically different colors on top and bottom will help you avoid that cut-in-half look.
- For shorter women, perfect fit is essential. Loose-fitting clothes will lend to a look that is unflattering and dumpy. Make the most of your height by wearing well-fitted clothes. Don’t be afraid to enlist the help of a professional tailor to help you achieve a great fit.
- Fabrics should be lighter weight. You want to avoid stiff fabrics that can create a rigid, boxy appearance.
- Stay away from bulk. Shorter women can be overwhelmed by large patterns, heavy or long jackets, and bulky handbags.
- Avoid any clothing that makes the leg look shorter. This means Capri pants, skirts with hemlines that cut the leg, and pants that have heavy cuffs. Tucking in your top will also help you appear taller. Flowing shirt hems can shorten the look of the leg. Jackets should be shorter, lightweight, and well-fitted. Choosing a narrow belt to give a more tailored appearance, wider belts will cut your look in half.
- Wearing the correct shoes for your outfit makes a difference. A medium heel with matching-color hose will do a lot to lengthen your look.
- Finally, don’t forget the hair. A short chic haircut looks better on women of short height. Long hair weighs down your look. If you want to keep your longer hair, consider wearing it up on your head in a topknot or other style that adds height.
Shorter women can look tall with top fashion tricks for short heighted people, following these simple tips. Just remember to choose clothing and accessories that add to your height rather than drag you down. A well put together outfit of timeless styles, dark neutrals, and the correct cut will make sure you make the most of your height.