History of Pakistani film industry begins with released of “Teri Yaad” in 1948. Many blockbuster and remarkable movies are recorded under Pakistani film industry’s platform by renowned producers, directors, writers, actors and singers. The golden era of Pakistani film industry was from 1956 to 1966. 1991 to 1999 was full of ups and down but Musharraf government helped tiny recovery of Lollywood with new talent and blockbuster movies were produced like “Ramchand Pakistani and Khuda ke Liye”.
Top 10 Pakistani/ Lollywood Movies/ Films:
Top ten most hit movies are:
- Top Pakistani Movie/ Film 1: Baharo Phool Barsao is a Pakistani Urdu film released in 1972, which was directed and produced by Mehmood Sadiq, an Indian director. Unfortunately he passed away during its production. Latter on it was finalized by Hasan Tariq. Stars of that era, Waheed Murad, Rani, Munawwar Zareef, Rukhsana, Aslam Pervez, Kamal Irani, Tamanna, Sangeeta (guest star) and Ilyas Kashmiri was participants. The film was grounded on India’s old Lucknow culture.
- Top Pakistani Movie/ Film 2: Khuda k Liye is the Urdu film (2007) produced, written and directed by Shoaib Mansoor. Shaan, Fawad Afzal Khan, Iman Ali, Hameed Sheikh and Indian film star Naseeruddin Shah were main cast of film. This film deals with religious fanaticism.
- Top Pakistani Movie/ Film 3: Arman, the best film released in 1966 with the hit song, “Akele Na Jana” and won 6 Nigar awards. Arman is listed best movie in Chocolate hero, Waheed Murad career.
- Top Pakistani Movie/ Film 4: Bol was another great work of Shoaib Mansoor released in 2011. It was a bestseller and probably most controversial topic oriented film ever manufactured in Pakistani film industry. Stars included Humaima Malik, Mahira Khan, Atif Aslam, Iman Ali and Shafqat Cheema.
- Top Pakistani Movie/ Film 5: Baji was big musical hit film, released in 1963. Direction given by S. Suleman and cast included Muhammad Ali, Noor Jehan, Waheed Murad, Darpan and Amy Minwala. This film won the award of British film critics.
- Top Pakistani Movie/ Film 6: Shaheed was hit movie, released in 1962. Story was based on 20s, “The Black Gold” was found in the Arabian dessert. Cast included, Musarrat Nazeer, Ejaz, Diljeet Mirza,Husna, Saqi, Talish Allauddin and Hamalia Wala.
- Top Pakistani Movie/ Film 7: Bandish was a blockbuster story, starring Nadeem and Shabnum in 1980. Bandish was co-production of Pakistan and Indonesia. Besides enjoying reputation in Pakistan, the movie got very much success in Indonesia also.
- Top Pakistani Movie/ Film 8: Aiyna, blockbuster Pakistani movie of 1977, featuring Nadeem and Shabnum, received more than 10 “Nigar” Awards. Aiyna is the finest musical and famous movie ever in the history of Lollywood.
- Top Pakistani Movie/ Film 9: Choriyan was the hit movie of Moamar Rana and Moamar Rana. In recent eras it is one of the few Lollywood Films which has enjoyed huge profit. Ever green song “Kraan mein nazara” is the part of this film.
- Top Pakistani Movie/ Film 10: Salakhain is the Urdu film of young passionate man, released in 2004. Ahmed Butt, Meera, Sajid Hassan, Saud and Zara Sheikh had acted as a star. M Arshad was the composer of this film.
It is unfair, not to rate other blockbuster movies like, Koel, Amrao Jan Ada and Maula Jutt, which are most important ingredients of Pakistani film industry.
Latest Lollywood Movies:
Parwaz Hai Junoon
Mola Jatt 2